BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 13, 2007

So i was chatting with my friend Sabra and she told me how she felt about us using corn for car fuel this is what she had to say,
"Hi. I'm Mady's friend Sabra. I am almost 11 and in will be going into 7th grade and Mady Dicocco is my best friend. Now here's MY thoughts on this whole change-the-world stuff.......
At Mars Hill, (that's the church Mady & I go 2,) Matthew Sleeth, Matt Krick, & Rob Bell did a series called God is Green which TOTALLY got me fired up. Our family started recycling recently & have literally NO TRASH because all of it was recycled. We had our trash pick-up coming every week and now it is coming every 2 weeks. That just goes 2 show just how MUCH stuff gets thrown into land fills each day. They just get filled in and filled in. It's SO BAD 4 the Earth and us people who live in it. Plus, it's bad 4 the animals, plants, trees, EVERYTHING! What is going 2 happen if we continue on like this? What will happen if we cut down/kill all the trees??? I'll tell u. We'll die. We NEED trees 2 make fresh air. And yes God made them partially 4 our enjoyment but we need them 2 live also! And what about all the pollution we're putting in the air with our cars and other things that use gas? We have 2 find a better fuel source. We have 2. We can't keep living like this. I'll tell u MY idea 4 a fuel source. Salt water. Sea water. It CAN burn. Someone tested it already. Salt water is a great idea. Fresh water is NOT and neither is corn. Very BAD IDEA. Did u know that most people in Africa DON'T HAVE ANY CLEAN DRINKING WATER?! So many people r SO poor. They only have cornmeal mush 2 eat and some live in tiny cardboard shacks. If corn provided your ONLY food source and someone started the thought that we should use corn 4 fuel what would u do? They don't have the money 4 anything else. Compared 2 Africans Americans r filthy stinking rich. America is the richest country in the world. And yet so many people r only worried about ways 2 make their life easier. Think about that. That's all I have time 2 say right now. But think about that. ~ God is green! Sabra

P.S. If u want 2 listen 2 the God is Green series go to www.marshill.org It really rocks. I loved it! Just little things like taking the time 2 recycle something or changing 2 energy efficient light bulbs can make a BIG difference.

I agreed with her, corn is a bad thing to use i mean all that land, a huge cornfeild how much fuil dose that supply us with for cars???? There are sooo many other things that land could be being used for! I would like to add yet another website, http://www.emthonjeni.com/ Emthongeni is the plaec in Johannesburg that i will be working with when we move.
well we would very much like to hear what you had to say.

With Love:
Mady&Sabra

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work posting that Mady! Thanks! - Sabra

jimkastkeat said...

You are two of the coolets kids I know! Mady, great post! Sabra, great email! (when are you back in GR?!)

Sometimes when I'm singing 'Love can change the World' I sing GOD IS GREEN instead of GOD IS LOVE.

See you next Sunday!

the dicocco gang said...

this is fab.
you guys continue to amaze me... and I love it that you found each other.
Can't wait to see you Sabra! A few more days... we'll be at the airport!